Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Special Mama

On our way up north and back, it was wonderful and so interesting to listen to my mama talk of her childhood, her parents, her life in Mexico City, and meeting my dad. There was so much that I did not know. In listening I learned more about her way of being. I learned how she struggled to get an education that never came and now understand why our education was so important to her and my dad.

Even though I have been back for only a few days, my mind goes back to her stories and our conversations. I told her that I would get her a tape recorder so that she could tell her stories. She said that may be difficult because she is like a "highway~" she worries that she will take too many side roads in her story, I told her that's ok, I like "side roads" because they make the journey more interesting.

I really enjoyed these days with my mama and will treasure that memory forever. We actually drove ourselves to Sacramento and back! So proud of us :).

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones