Sunday, March 14, 2010

Vacation

Today I just relaxed and watched t.v. (oh, and I graded papers :). It's the first weekend in a long time that I haven't had to rush around trying to get things done. It's interesting, also, because our children are all gone this weekend. It's quiet. Sometimes too quiet. They all have their own lives and are busy with them. I do miss the busy-ness of having little ones at home. I remember when they were all young when they used to run around, yelling, laughing...I miss all that. Then on days like today, I think -- hey! It's not so bad. I like this. We are at the right time in our lives. So today I watched Lifetime channel movies, "Little Women" and the news. Then I came upstairs to work on my "Farmville" -- fun game :). Growing up on a farm, I thought I'd never get involved with this game. I stayed away from it for quite a while, but then one day, I asked my daughter to explain it to me and set me up -- that was the beginning of an enjoyable pass time "para pasar el tiempo." (Not sure if I said it right in English). Nevertheless, it's a good beginning to our three week vacation. I feel grateful for my life.

I do, however, miss my sister. I wish she were here. I dreamt her the other night. It was good to hug her...

And dear friends, I hope you still have your jobs in the new school year. See you on Tuesday, M. S. :)






No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones