Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Earthquake!!!!

This morning as I listened to my husband getting ready for work, I felt the earthquake come and go. I contemplated whether I should get up and run to the door frame, but then I thought, it will pass. It was slow and rolling. The house creaked and then it moved on. Then I got up because I heard the phone ringing. I knew it was my mama :). We always call each other when there is an earthquake, especially a strong one. She was a little scared. It was a 4.4 or 4.3 out of Pico Rivera. Hmmmmm.... time to get things ready just in case. But you know, we've had so many little ones out of Redlands and we don't make the news like Pico Rivera!

Although, a man called in to the t.v. station and he said that a fireman friend of his had e-mailed him recently and told him that because of all these little ones, we do have cause to be alarmed. He told him to be ready. Ok, now I think that this fireman friend has the "ins" to more privy information than we as the public do, therefore, I am going to believe that it is just a matter of time and be ready.

Nonetheless, I got ready to go work in my classroom for a little while. I had left the room in a mess last Friday and had to go and tidy up a bit. My son's sweet little girlfriend volunteered to help me and off we went. We got so much done. We had lunch at the mall and an ice cream for dessert. It was a good day :). And no more shaking . . . for now. . . ;).

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones