Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Life is a Circle Story

Once when I was young, as I sat in the backseat of my parent's station wagon, I heard my father say something to the effect that "everyone is dying around me." I don't remember if we had come from a funeral, if he had just heard of someone's passing ~ I don't remember. Then he said, "I will die, too." I remember looking out of the window wondering why he was saying this. I didn't like hearing it and I didn't understand it.

We're here now. Today we buried our friend, Dave. The Rosary last night was heartbreaking with all the kind words of remembrance. I was doing alright until his younger brother sang and played a tune on the harmonica. I remembered my sister and how much I miss her.

It is our turn now. We are a circle story. Life is a circle story. We are born and we die. It is what we do with our lives that is important. I love my husband, I love my children, I love my mama and siblings, I love our friends . . . and I love God because he blesses me so.

And we continue. . .

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones