Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Road Trip!!

Today I need to start packing for a "Road Trip" with my mama. This will be a first for me as I have never ventured far from home without my husband.

I am taking my mom to see my brother in Sacramento which is about 6 hours north. Am I excited? I think I am. My sister was always inviting me on trips and I always declined unless they were nearby. When my mom asked me to go, I couldn't deny her, bless her heart. My mama is precious in that way. She loves her children each and every one of them and her heart is full of joy at the thought of seeing them. So yes, I think I'm excited to share in her journey. This is something my sister would want me to do.

I will have a busy day today, finishing with the Spring cleaning :) and packing and making sure I leave everything ready here at home.

It's going to be a good trip. :)

1 comment:

Tia Maria said...

When I was still living at home and had just gotten my DL, I use to take my Mom on long drives. These were usually on Sunday afternoon since we worked all week and that was the only free time. She was so tired that she always fell asleep. Once I took her to visit my sister in Lemoore, about 4 hours north of LA, between the 99 and the 5. She would always be surprised when she woke up. This also gave me an excuse to stay an extra day and miss a day of work. : ) There was more than one way to sneek in a day off.

Have a safe trip. Enjoy your precious time with your Mom. I know that I did.

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones