Monday, March 30, 2009

Thy will be done . . .

Yesterday at church a member of our choir recited the Lord's Prayer before a song. I was stopped in my thoughts as I listened to his voice.
Our Father which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done,
on earth, as in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we forgive those who have sinned against us.
And lead us not into temptation;
but deliver us from evil.
Thy will be done -- as I heard him say this, I was engulfed with emotion. Thy will and not mine. I realized that our lives are in His hands. As hard as I try to pray and hope for my sister, her life is in our Good Lord's hands. She has known this all along and she has tried to tell me this time and again. I am the one that cannot let her go. I continue to pray for hope, for healing, and then I pray for mercy - that she may not suffer. God bless her.


No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones