Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Beautiful Wedding

Yesterday we went to a wedding in the beautiful wine country of Temecula. I had never been out this way and I was in awe of the peacefulness and beauty. As we waited for the wedding to begin, we were offered sparkling white wine and appetizers.
Beautiful flowers were placed around the wedding alter -- just right.

The reception was so nice. Dinner was DELICIOUS! After the tasty salad, I had the sirloin steak with portabella mushrooms and roasted potatoes. My husband had the Chardonnay chicken with similar veggies. Along with our dinner we were offered different wines. My husband and I love wine-tasting. It was great to be able to taste all these wonderful wines. We toasted with champagne, and then we (I - since my husband was the DD-designated driver :-) had a red sparkly wine called Rose (pronouced ros-say), I had a yummy wine similar to Merlot, and also a drier wine which the waitress recommended to have with my steak -- she was so right!!
After dinner, we had a slice of the chocolate wedding cake. I was so full!!!
Then we danced!!!
Someone at each table got to take the centerpiece home which were the flowers and vase pictured above. We won!!!
We had a truly wonderful evening - it had been a while since we had done something like this - enjoy the beauty of life, especially to see two people who love each other very much begin a new life together. We are so happy for them. God bless them always.






No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones