Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thoughts . . .

We went to see a movie today just because we wanted to. Perhaps still celebrating my son's 18th birthday, perhaps a last small hurrah for my off-track vacation, or perhaps a little bit of family time together. I'm not much of a go-to-the-movies type of person, but if I had to see a movie this year it had to be the new Nicholas Cage movie "Knowing." I like disaster movies, I like Nicholas Cage as an actor, therefore; this was the movie to see. And it was GOOD!!! The ending was unexpected, but like my son said, "Didn't you see all the clues?" Not really. When I watch a movie, I really get into the plot. Sometimes I'll analyze, but for the most part, I just go with the flow of the storyline. It's more exciting that way :-).


Our youngest son turned 18 which is something to really think about. When my husband and I were young before the children, it was all about us. We enjoyed doing many things together, going places, and just being together. Through the last 30 years plus, it has been all about our children. I love being a mother -- this is all I wanted to do since I was young -- be a mother. I didn't think career or being out there for any reason -- I just wanted to be a mother. I know I will always be, but gosh darn it, they grow up and move on with their own lives. They become independent - God bless them. Like my husband says and has always said -- "We teach them until they are 18, what they do with the rest of their lives is up to them." We're here for you, kids, if and when you need us - we'll always be here, and in the same breath I say -- study hard, be successful, take care of yourselves. . . and don't forget our Good Lord. He's the one that has made all you have possible (we have only helped along the way :-)

And now I think it will soon be my honey and I again -- Ahhhh what to do? :-) I think I'll plan a weekend trip!!

I went to see my sister yesterday -- she is doing so good. She sounds better and looks stronger. I keep hoping for a complete healing. I have to believe it's possible. I don't want to think anything else.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones