Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Reading!!

Ok, I got hooked!! I had been hearing much too much about these books from friends on Facebook, and the commercials on t.v. that my interest was piqued. The day we went in search of my "rice pan" I came upon the first book, "Twilight" in a bin close to the checkout counter at half price. I can always read the first couple of pages to know if a book will be of interest to me and sure enough I was intrigued. The writing style was easy to follow and introduced the character, Bella, using the first person. I liked that very much. It made it personal like I was seeing and experiencing everything through her eyes. Silly, huh? But then I'm the type of person who really gets into a movie. Forget taking me to a theater, I'm the one who screams or laughs out loud at the screen. Oops! In otherwords, I get involved in the plot :).

I read "Twilight" in less than a week. It was excellent! Went to Target and they had the next two books on sale (paperback) and the best part was that if I bought one (on sale) then I got the other one at half price. LUCKY!!! Ha! Every chance I get, I'm reading - a third of the way done with the second book. I think I liked the first one better. Maybe because I'm more of an "Edward" fan than a "Jacob" fan. I'll see how the story develops.

It's been a nice little vacation already ~ we had a wonderful memorial jam with loving friends and family, my house is CLEAN!!, I'm reading great books, and we are so blessed with all that is good in life. :)

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones