Saturday, June 12, 2010

Our Beloved Parents

My Rememberer

My forgetter's getting better
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, that is no joke

For when I'm "here" I'm wondering
If I really should be "there"
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!

Often times I walk into a room,
Say "what am I here for?"
I wrack my brain, but all in vain
A zero, is my score.

There was a time when our parents were very much alert and ready for anything. We went to them for advise and friendly conversation. Time has taken much of these qualities away from them and the sadness is left behind. Confusion reigns. I am perplexed at the outcome of a life which was once so full. All I can do is reassure and comfort. I am left to wonder if someday I will be there, also. My hope is that I will not ~ I will try to keep my mind busy and ready. Although the poem up above is somewhat humorous, it gets the point across.

My mind is tired now. Sleep.


No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones