Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Life

Our backyard -- beautiful mountains. . .

Our Christmas tree with my husband's train and village underneath.

We had a very nice Christmas this year. My sister was home, my little sister and her family stayed to visit with all of us. I love this holiday along with all the Christmas shopping, decorating the tree and feeling festive. I had such a sadness, though, for my sister's health. I want everything to be the way it was when she was well.


Today I started to take down all the Christmas decorations. I was kind of amazed that I didn't put up too much. Next year I'll do better, I hope. :-) I like putting away all of our ornaments. Each one has a memory. We have a snowman with my daughter's teeth marks on the brim of the snowman's hat. This was our very first special ornament when she was a baby. Then we have the ornaments I embroidered back in Idaho when our oldest son was born. I especially like the ornament with "all my children" on it that was taken back in 2006 -- so special.

And now a new year is upon us. Time goes by so fast. Life goes by so fast. I need to stop and thank God for all his goodness, for his many, many blessings, for my sister and mom, for my husband and children. And pray for strength and guidance because we can not do this by ourselves.

Happy New Year everyone!!

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones