Monday, December 22, 2008

She is home . . .


My sister is home. She will begin chemotherapy next week. I'm so glad she is home because it makes her happy. She will be eating tamales for Christmas! So happy!
Christmas has always been a big celebration in our families. It always was for my parents, therefore, traditions have been carried down to the children. My mom still makes tamales. My daughter and I make tamales. Sisters and daughter-in-laws also make them for their families. Christmas Eve has always been about family and the eating of tamales, games, and laughter. This year my sister asked that we all keep with the traditions since this has always been her "holiday", too. We rejoice because she is home.
Postiveness and hopefulness and Faith. We need all of these. God bless our sister and all of us - and all of you. :-)

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones