Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to Our Daughter


Today is our daughter's birthday. Happy Birthday daughter!!!
When I found out I was expecting you, I was so excited! Your dad and I lived in the time of the flower children. We lived in a little basement apartment that belonged to a big old home. It had a huge front porch and sat on top of a hill overlooking the college campus your dad went to. Every day I walked to work -- about 5-6 blocks one way. Your dad built you a crib made from bamboo - it was a beautiful little crib for our little girl. We did not have t.v., but we had music. Dinner was sometimes a bowl of Raisin Bran, but when I craved a strawberry pie, your dad would get up and go to the nearest supermarket to buy me one. I remember one time your dad bought me veal because it was suppose to be good for me -- yuck! I did not like it -- too strong of a taste. I did, however, love oysters and crackers (still do!)
I remember we made a couple of practice runs to the hospital to see how long it would take us. :-) Dad and I even went to the Lamaze classes to learn how to breathe correctly --we were going to have you naturally -- no drugs. The morning of the tenth, I got up to get ready for work as usual when my water broke --- "Hurry!!!! It's Time!!!"
Your dad got me in the car and we made it to the hospital with plenty of time. You know the "no drugs?" Forget it -- after almost the whole day in labor, I said, "OK, give me something for this pain!!!!" You were born at 6:06 p.m. You weighed 7 lbs., 8 oz. and you were 19 1/2 inches long. You had so much hair and oh my gosh -- we fell in love with you in an instant.
I woke up and saw you in your daddy's arms. Since then you have been daddy's girl and mine, too. We love you.
Thank you for giving blood for your "tia" on your birthday. God bless you, mija. We are so blessed to have you in our lives.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones