Friday, December 12, 2008

From Your Father

A letter from your father in honor of your birthday. . .

The first time my daughter was introduced to me oratories were addressed to a child that I was finally able to see; Before it was small talk through the stomach of your mother. I had no visual response from you, not a hint of a soft smile or a touch of your hand. So I waited and continued to converse, sing and played my recorder (flute) for you. When you were born the baby sounds in " Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder danced in my head and will forever remain in my thoughts whenever I hear it. I don't care what your age may be, it is a song that is not dated. The song merely describes how proud and lucky I am of you then and now. Throughout the years and for the years to come if I do not say it to someone I would say it to myself, "Isn't She Lovely." Earth would not deny you as you flew kites using her wind. Water would lead you to the finest trout when you had it's permission to fish and although our dog Zora crazed to put out fires with more determination than a rhinoceros you enjoyed it's warmth by cooking the likes of marshmellows and hot dogs. To this day you still like to remain out side. You were never without friends. Books were your friends also. You read to all your animals and to your stuffed animals as well. These profound characteristics continue within the realm in which you walk; the beautiful flowers you and your husband grow. The career you have chosen is like those flowers you grow, planting seeds, nurturing and watching the majority of the lot blossom. Somebody the other day asked me, "Is that your daughter?" and I said,"Yes. Isn't She Lovely."

Love you, Dad.

1 comment:

Estrella Luna said...

I love you two soooo much. If anyone where to ask what kind of parent do you think you'll be... I would say... I would be like my parents, because they were perfect.

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones