Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Get Ready!!!

It's Tuesday!!! I have to go shopping for Thanksgiving!!!! Oh Shucks! Maybe later...

Today I am going to teach my daughter how to make an apron. So exciting!!

I attended school back in the 70's and Home Economics was a standard. Learning to make an apron was the first lesson in our sewing class. From there I learned how to make dresses, blouses, pants, shorts and just about anything that involved sewing. I learned how to make pies and other desserts ~ measure, cream, sift, and blend. In my senior year a class on child care was offered ~ this is where I opted out. We were going to learn how to change diapers, bathe a baby, hold a baby etc. Being second oldest of 12 children, I thought "You got to be kidding!" I became a library aide for that semester. :)

Now the reason my daughter never took Home Ec. was because in her time of school they offered so many more alternatives that our small town school never had. She attended a high school with a graduating class in the 400's compared to my graduating class of 30+. Home Ec. was offered, but she took classes like Field Hockey (champions) and AVID ~ a class that prepared them for college. She began her career as an 8th grade History teacher ~ and is now a full time AVID teacher for 7th and 8th grade students. We are so proud of her, beyond words :).

Therefore, today my daughter will make an apron with a USC print (doing her Masters at USC :) and I can't wait! We are going to have so much fun!!

I'd better get my sewing machine ready...

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones