Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Birthday . . .


I celebrated my birthday this last weekend ~ one of the nicest birthdays I have ever had.

Years ago when my father-in-law lived with us, he used to get up on his birthday, shower and get all dressed-up. He would then sit outside in his chair and wait for his children to come see him. There were years that they came and years when they did not. During those times when they did not come for what ever reason life had put before them, my heart broke for him. I made sure we always celebrated with him. To this day we make a point of going to see him on his birthday.

I think about those days when it is my birthday. The highlight of my day is always to see my children. They are my gift. I feel so blessed because they are loving, caring children with their dad and I and with each other. We have such good kids :). Love them so.

Up above are the cupcakes my daughter made for me ~ can you imagine my surprise when I saw them? I'm such a Farmville player! It's crazy I know, but it is such a relaxing past time. My sons play video games on their x-boxes ~ I play Farmville :).

Yes, it was a wonderful birthday with my family. They made me feel so special. :)

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones