Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Sunday Morning Blog

Years ago when Science and Social Studies were held in the same standing or close to Math and Reading I loved teaching a unit on weather which included a detailed study on clouds. I loved teaching every aspect of this subject. We made the different clouds using cotton and labeled them discussing their definitions. When I would ask one of my students what the clouds in the sky were telling us about the weather they knew, but now we barely have time for a science read aloud. Science has gone by the wayside, sorry to say along with Social Studies. These two have long been my favorite subjects to teach. They were my favorite subjects in school, too. Nevertheless, I still love looking at clouds in the sky and try to remember what they mean. These clouds mean that rain is around the corner :). I took the picture last Wednesday outside my classroom.

Three more days until we have a little mini-vacation. So happy! I do have to go in for a series of blood tests since I got pretty sick this last week. My doctor wants to get down to the bottom of my problem (as to why I keep getting sick). That's ok. I've gotten to that age where I better take more care of my health.

Our youngest son spends less and less time with us and more and more time with his girlfriend's family. I think we are getting used to that now ~ it's quiet at home and nice to spend time with my husband once again. It's not as hard as I thought it would be without the children. For years they were the major "meaning" of my existence, but the transition to just us has been so smooth. We're good :). Miss my babies, but I have let them grow up with my husband's help.

Everyone have a blessed week :).

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones