Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Lazy Afternoon . . .

Such a nice, comfortable Sunday afternoon. My honey is planning a "jam" memorial for our dear friend, Dave, who passed away a little while back and met with friends to make the final arrangements. Sounds like it will be a major event. I only worry about the food and hope that there will be enough. I enjoy music a lot, especially if it's live. I just hope all goes well. I expressed my concerns and I hope they take them into account. I've been correcting papers and getting things ready for work tomorrow.


I look at our calendar for next month and the next few months and they are packed with things happening with our families and friends. It's going to be busy.


Sad to hear about the new law Arizona passed this last week against Mexicans -- well, alright, anyone who is undocumented, but come on, AZ is on the border of Mexico and it doesn't take much to see that this bill is aimed at the Mexican. There will definitely be racial profiling going on. We're planning a graduation trip this next month, sad to say, it may be out last trip out that way for quite a long while. I'd get so mad if they stopped us to ask for documentation. What was that governor thinking??? There has to be a better way to figure out this "problem."


Last week a mom brought me "tacos de lengua" -- oh my gosh!!! they were so delicious!!!!! For my English speaking readers, "tacos de lengua" are tacos with beef tongue :). So, so goood!!!
As a thank you I am going to make them chocolate chip cookies - won't compare to such a delicacy, but I hope they like them :). Here's wishing everyone a good week. I can't believe it's already the last week of April.

1 comment:

Tia Maria said...

Hey, we went to a practice jam yesterday at Dave's Mom's house. The guys want to make sure the tribute is a reflection of the quality of music Dave played. They got better once all the players got there. Rick did mention that he & Mary were catering the event with the Taco man. I suggested that we could still pot luck the desserts. Just thought you might want to know in case you haven't heard the latest. Hang in there - life is just a circle game.

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones