Friday, January 22, 2010

Rainy Days....

It looks like the rain is finally suppose to stop ~ for now. It's been such a wet week. The ground is saturated. Puddles lay on top of the grass with no more room to soak. It's cold everywhere but thank God for heaters and warm blankets and a warm loved one to cuddle with. Oh and the coffee ~ got to have the coffee. I love a hot cup of coffee early in the morning with toast and jelly or "pan dulce"~ a mexican sweet bread. Life is good when you have a cup of coffee ~ there is no other. Hmmmmmm......

All week long my little ones had no recess. And then to top it off, one of those little rascals brought in a lighter for cigarettes. After they got up from the carpet to return to their desks, I saw it laying on the carpet. I asked whose it was and of course it belonged to "Nobody!" After contacting our principal, our vice principal came in and really let them have it. I had never heard him be so angry with them. But it was good ~hopefully it will never happen again. It was a major offense. And as he said if he knew who had brought it, they would be gone from our school permanently! These are first graders ~ I was ticked with them, too. So...... to make a long story short and because we did not have outdoor recess, I took away their free center time (puzzles, Legos, building blocks etc.) for the week. Well, the good side of all this was that we got a lot of work done. :)

It's Friday, I'm tired and sleepy. I am sleeping in late! Good night all and God bless.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones