Monday, January 18, 2010

Moonlight Beach ....

Went on for a ride yesterday, just my honey and me. It was a difficult weekend in some ways. Spend time with my mom on Saturday cleaning and finally packing up the rest of her home. The house was empty, hollow and sad. I rode with my mom to her storage unit -- 25 years plus in one storage unit. I want to scream ~ I want to cry ~ it isn't fair ~ not for my mom. I asked my husband if my mom appeared older and he said that she appeared sadder ~ so true. That was it. We are done.

Yesterday my husband so graciously offered to take me to the beach for lunch. He always knows how I feel and is always trying to make me feel better ~ I love him so. It was such a nice ride. We had lunch at a Mexican restaurant near Moonlight State Beach. Oh, I love it out there. We stopped at the beach to watch the waves and took a walk (walk off the lunch:). We saw the storm coming in and got caught in the rain. Life just seems so peaceful out there. One of these days when I'm rich, I'm buying a beach house - ha!

We decided that one of our destinations this summer will be back to Moonlight State Beach ~ my new favorite place.

And now to brace for a rainy week. Love my mama and my husband. God bless you both.

1 comment:

Tia Maria said...

When my mom lost her house due to one of my siblings refinancing her house without her knowledge, I too had to pick up her belongings. She had one suitcase with her clothes and 4 boxes of pictures, old bills and small momentos. My mom passed away 7 years ago and I still have her stuff, though I did get rid of the old bills. Life is tought but it's these type of events that make us even stronger. We can carry the world on your shoulders. : )

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones