Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sister

A book I've been reading asks " ...where do you spend most of your time in your mind, in your imagination: in the present, in the past, or in the future?" The character answers, "I suppose I would have to say that I spend very little time in the present. I spend a big piece in the past, but most of the rest of the time, I am trying to figure out the future." This is interesting to me because with my sister's illness, I think a lot about the past. I think I do this because she was healthy then and all was good in the world according to us. The person who asked the above question goes on to say, "Much can be remembered and learned by looking back, but only for a visit, not an extended stay." I live in the present as much as I can, I have to because this is my life now. But when I hold my sister's hand I can't help but remember when we were young and she held on to mine.


We do not know what the future holds for us, I only pray for comfort and understanding for what we must encounter tomorrow, or next week, or next month. I live day to day right now and I 'm grateful for my husband, my children, my siblings, and my friends (thank you, Maria).

The person who asked the question above is Jesus. The person who answered is a person named Mack, but it could have been me. The name of the book is "The Shack," by Wm. Paul Young.

Please keep my sister in your prayers.









No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones