Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Little of This and a Little of That . . .

Although my sister is ill, it's interesting how hard I try to look for happy things, for me, for her, for my family. Life continues - my children still need me, my husband looks for me, and my friends -- they're wonderful. Work keeps me busy. I love my job. I love my students. They are "my kids." We just finished studying about the butterfly. This is a great topic. I thoroughly enjoy it and really throw myself into it. We have a great time with it. After a week of studying the life cycle of a butterfly, the children learn about symmetry briefly as they paint their butterflies on one side, close them and 'voila' -- symmetry and beautiful butterflies!!!
Butterflies are everywhere in my room -- over the Math wall, the windows, and walls. So colorful and pretty (happiness).

About a week ago, my husband got tickets for 'Los Lobos" concert at the California Theater. Oh my gosh! It was such a great concert. Absolutely loved it!! We had balcony seats and when everyone got up to dance a "cumbia" we were on our feet, dancing in the balcony! So much fun. I'm so glad we went. I needed to spend this time with my husband doing what we love so much, music and dancing. Thank you, Honey.



We have seen three great concerts in three years -- 'Santana' at San Diego, 'Tina Turner' at Staples, and now 'Los Lobos' at the California Theater. Happiness.







2 comments:

Tia Maria said...

Hey, glad you were able to get out & throw down a chancla. Isn't it illegal to take pictures at a concert? Wish I could have been there - The Lobos are one my favorite bands and our course, the pride of East Los.

Another time of beginnings said...

Is it? :-) They didn't check our purses and once I saw other people's flashes going off - the lady next to us had a camera and she used it a lot - I said, alright then, here goes and took about four pics! It was so much fun!

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones