Sunday, May 24, 2009

My family

My mom still hangs her laundry on a clothesline to dry. My sister likes her clothes dried this way because fabric softeners make her itch. I hear towels dried this old-fashioned way are very absorbent and feel good when using. To me they feel rough, but we all have our preferences. One of my brothers was visiting this weekend, too. He bought new nylon, clothes-hanging string and rehung the clothesline. It looks nice. I think my mom will be pleased. My brother is one of the younger ones, but very close to my sister. She has entrusted him with many of the legalities regarding her life. I thanked him for being who he is and for accepting this responsibility. It is not a responsibility he wanted, but he accepted it because he loves her. Life gives us many ups and downs, I tell you...

We are home now. It feels good. And even though I am here, my thoughts are with my sister. What else can I do for her?

Also visiting them is my other brother and sister-in-law. She is truly a blessing to our family. Her profession is a nurse. Can you imagine the knowledge she shares with us regarding the care and health of my sister? She is wonderful. We love her so much.

We pull together in time of need because we are family -- from brothers to sisters to nieces and nephews and friends - we all come together. God bless us all (and I know He does).

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones