Monday, April 20, 2009

Prayer

Growing up we don't think about illnesses that may someday take our lives. We know that we are born and that we die. We come into this world with nothing material and we leave it in the same way. What is the purpose?
Oh, I can give so many. Can you imagine everything we are able to experience each and every single day? Let's see, my earliest memory of my sister and I . . . eating "atole" on the steps of the labor camp in Indio. I was four and my sister was five. She always took care of me. When she came to college, she waited for me to come with her. We had so much fun in college -- the dances, the parties, the friends . . . and meeting my husband. She loved him from the beginning and for this I am thankful to her.
She has lovingly taken care of my parents all these years taking them to Mexico countless times, to Idaho, to Washington, and northern California. All these years. . . I never had to worry because she did that for us.
And now when I see her, my heart breaks. She is still my sister trying to be in control and we let her. God bless her.
We experience so much every day, a hug, a smile, an acknowlegement -- our parents, our children, our brothers and sisters, our jobs, our friends -- the sun rise, the breeze. Yes, there is a purpose. God loves us so much.
I continue to pray for a miracle.


No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones