Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter


Everything is in bloom up in the high desert. Wildflowers are everywhere. Fruit trees are also in bloom. I borrowed by sister's camera because I wanted to always remember the beauty of this day.

I really liked these beautiful pink flowers. My mom told me that this was a fruit tree, but I don't remember what kind it was. I just liked the flowers :-).






These are actually little white flowers growing close to the desert floor. They looked like snow, but upon close inspection they were tiny little white flowers.
As I walked around their land, I noticed my sister coming out to sit in the sun on their little porch. I quickly walked over to her as I watched her sit down carefully on a lawn chair. My heart breaks. We talked about the flowers and the mulberry trees. She talked about wanting to ask my little brother to hang streamers on the mulberry trees so the birds won't eat the berries. She talked about a favorite wind chime of my mom's. I told her I was glad she was coming out to get sun . . . Mostly I listened.
She is weak.
This week, I am at a training for work. Yesterday, I was a bit tired and felt out of sorts. I didn't want to be at that training, but in order to be in compliance at work, I have to go. We all do. So I was feeling a little disgruntled. Once I was home, I began to think about my sister and how she would feel so happy to be able to work -again. I shook off the bad feelings about the training and went in today with a new attitude. It was a good day. I can honestly say that I did enjoy it. I paid attention, read the materials, and shared quite a bit with my "elbow partner" who turns out to be an old friend from many years back.
I came home, my husband soon after. He came over to me and kissed me. I am so blessed.
I called my sister to see how she was. She said she is feeling better. I want to hug her and hold her. I love her so much. And now I share the pictures of her flowers with you.





No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones