Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! It's interesting to have a day like today when we are reminded of everything that we are thankful for, but more than that it is a day of good food and family togetherness. It's a good day to hear from friends and other family members, too.

We are blessed to have so much in our lives and we are thankful every day, not just today. But it's all good. :-)

Tomorrow is the beginning of the Christmas buying known as "Black Friday." What a somber name to call the beginning of this "rush." For years, my husband and I have been up early and off we go to join the throngs of people waiting in line to get into the stores in order to buy that one gift. Years ago, I stood in line when the "Cabbage Patch" doll was the toy to have. A friend of mine was way up front and as the doors open we all rushed inside. She yelled to me, "G., CATCH!" I lifted my arms and caught that box -- DARN IT~ my daughter would have a Cabbage Patch doll!! Ahhhhh ... good to have a friend with a good throwing arm.

Most times, however, we get inside and the product we want is gone! Bummer! I really believe they buy only a small amount for each store. They just want to get us in and buy other stuff -- no sir-ee -- not us - we turn around and walk right out, get in our car --- and --- zoom to the next store.

I don't quite know our strategy for tomorrow. Last year, we got there when we got there. I think we will do the same tomorrow. Breakfast sounds good, too.

Again, we wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving, a good beginning of the Christmas season, good health, good times with family and friends.


No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones