Saturday, November 8, 2008

Veteran's Day

Today we took a little detour from our day and ventured upon a Veteran's Day celebration downtown by my husband's old high school. One of the first McDonald restaurants has been turned into a museum and we had never gone in there. It was very interesting because of all the historical pictures and newspapers that went way back. I like looking at things of days gone by because it helps me to remember how it used to be. Not that I grew up here, but I like listening to my husband tell me about his chidhood. The picture above is of the train yard the way it was. It has long since been torn down and the metro link has replaced the grandeur of this train yard.
Ah... McDonald's -- not my favorite place to eat, but those cheeseburgers are tasty!! My husband remembers when they used to cost 15 cents. :-) It was fun to see this museum and all its relics.


No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones