Saturday, November 8, 2008

Dia de los Muertos - Day of the Dead

This is my daughter's alter for Dia de los Muertos in honor of loved ones who have passed away, but still dear in our hearts - her grandpa (my dad), her great grandma, her "nino" (godfather) and her uncle, my husband's brother. It was beautiful to see and study all the small details that she includes to symbolize our family members. She has done an alter in her home for some years, but this is the first time she has displayed it for all to see.
An artist painting on the sidewalk.

A tribute to "Mrs. Garcia" from her students. This was a small paper "pop-out" at the base of a much larger alter.



I thought all these magnets were cool. They made me smile.


Mija's alter in the daytime when we first got there. She is so creative. :-)




No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones