Friday, August 29, 2008

My Son

Where has all the time gone? It seems like yesterday that my children were small.Today I went to order the Senior photo packet for my youngest son. Next fall he, too, will go off to college and then what? It will be just me and their dad -- what to do? Oh my gosh, what am I talking about? I should be rejoicing in the fact that our youngest is almost there! One more year of high school.

My youngest is different from my other two. My oldest was a social butterfly--the Belle of the Ball, the hockey player, the actress, the Princess. My middle son was the jock, the football player, the politician who wrote many stories. And my youngest is a little of both, but much like his father. He is pensive, playful, talkative, and also a wonderful writer. He is so ready to be done with high school and move on with his life. "Change your attitude," I tell him. "Enjoy your last year -- make it fun." He responds, "Are we talking about the same high school?" And he laughs.Today I ordered his senior pictures -- pricey, yes, no doubt. But he is my last one and his picture needs to hang right next to his brother and sister's.

Honey, we've done good. God has blessed us.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones