Friday, August 22, 2008

Family



This is the area where I grew up. It is called the Hagerman Valley in southern Idaho. From what I hear Hagerman has grown by leaps and bounds. New people have moved in to replace or add to the old families that used to live there. When we were growing up, I don't think we thought beyond tomorrow. We lived for the day and had our good and bad times. My favorite thing to do beside going to school was fishing. Every year - I don't remember what season - we would wake up early with our fishing poles ready to go. We would go out to the lakes along with many of the local and visiting fishermen (and women) to cast our poles at the designated time. It was so much fun! As soon as we caught our limit (there was quite a few of us) we would head home to cook our trout. Delicious!
Times have passed. Memories are good. We all went our separate ways. Two of us stayed in Idaho - the rest are scattered across the U.S. -- sometimes when I am at the store during a holiday, I hear people talk about who is coming over for dinner and everyone I listen to has family here -- we are too scattered.
BUT we love each other and do try to get together once in a great while. :-)
Now our children are growing up and making their own ways in the world. We celebrate their accomplishments which are many and share our sadness when there is a misfortune or poor choices made. I have heard that people say sometimes you have to hit rock bottom in order to see the errors of your way and I believe this. As parents, however, our hearts hurt when our children hurt.
Again we are here for each other.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones