Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Life continues . . .

Yesterday my VP came in to my classroom, sat down and observed for about 10 minutes. Jotted down a few comments and was on his way. Upon reading, he first complimented my students and their ability to respond to questions asked. Then he asked me, "Can the children see the Theme Board (Phonics, vocabulary, etc.) behind the computers? My first response was "Yes!" Then I started to think about it. My classroom has had the same set-up for years. I never noticed any problems with it, but his question left me perplexed. Came home, thought some more. Then when I got to work this morning, it clicked. I moved the computers away from my Reading area and rearranged everything, including desks. I was amazed by how nice and functional my room looks now. The children loved it. We actually were able to read the Theme board. It took someone from outside my classroom to truly see what I could not. I thanked my VP and he came over right away to check it out. I had heard lots of positive comments about him (he is new this year), but this was the first time I saw how much he cares for our school and us. A good WIN! (That's what he calls positive outcomes :).

Talked to my mom. She sounds good. She found out that a good friend of hers and my dad passed away yesterday. Too much sadness.

Talked to my little sister who lives near the beach and asked if I could come visit her this weekend. My honey is working away again and I need to go somewhere to meditate and regenerate.

When I first met my husband, he used to sit in a quiet way and meditate. I admired that in him because he was gentle and patient. When he was done, it seemed like he could accomplish anything he put his mind to. I need to do this. I feel unorganized, tired, and sad most of the time.

My little sister's home is so near the ocean that you can just walk about ten steps and you are there. It's beautiful and calm. I think it will help.

Thank you, Lord for family and friends. . .

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones