Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Nice monsoon-y weather in early August. Stopped to take this picture on my way to work.

Saturday
Went up to the high desert to help my mom and while I was there the smoke was so heavy that even with the air conditioner on we could still smell it in the house. It literally looked like a fire storm was rolling down the mountain. Upon arriving home, I stepped outside to take this picture. You can see the dense cloud of smoke up in the sky. I live 45 minutes from my mom's house and the smoke had traveled this far. It was kind of eerie. By the way, it was about 7:00 - still daylight.


Yesterday, Sunday, our children came home to spend the day with me (my honey is working away this weekend -- his company doesn't believe in Labor Day, I guess -- darn them!). We had a very nice time visiting and grilling and eating. This picture shows the smoke swirling and wisping through the sky. The smoke is still from the Station Fire near Glendale.


Monday
Here we are today. That awful smoke still hangs heavily over the high desert. Thank God my mom went home to Los Angeles early yesterday. She said she could only see about 5 miles ahead of her all the way to the 14 freeway. I just hope our mountains won't catch on fire.
Labor Day has come and gone. It was nice to be with my kids. I love them so. Have a good week everyone!!

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones