Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sister

I haven't been to Idaho in such a long time. But thinking of my sister's illness makes me remember where we grew up. I think I remember because of all the good memories we hold dear. We loved to go fishing every weekend. We could sit there at the edge of the river all day, talking, laughing, telling each other to "shush" because we were scaring the fish away. Then we'd talk and laugh some more. Sometimes I would sit and think of school happenings, games that were coming up, and sometimes I would think of my future. The thinking was short-lived because then we would break out into songs and trying to remember the verses. To this day when I get stuck on a song verse I'll call my sister.

She also tells me that when I walk, I "wiggle" from side to side -- with an attitude. She makes me laugh with that one.

She likes mystery books -- I like romances.

She likes the classic, tailored look -- I like the casual, soft look.

She likes seafood -- I like seafood.

She likes short hair -- I like long hair (she says I never grew out of the "flower-child" look. I smile because she's right).

She likes traveling -- I'm more of a homebody.

She loves me and I love her. She is my sister.

Life is dealing us a rough one right now. She will go through surgery once again. The cancer is spreading too agressively and I am so worried for her. I continue to pray for healing. But it's so hard.

She is my sister, my friend.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones