Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Dear Friend

I had lunch with a dear friend today. It was so good to see her. We have been friends for some 35 years -- that's a long time. I met her and her husband through my husband when we were just dating. We would get a bottle of Merlot, cheese and crackers, and talk through the night. I loved their way of being -- so relaxed, no time limits, no judgements. They were good to be around.

Years have passed and we have watched our children grow, get married, and some have children of their own. In all this time our friendship bond has always remained strong and steadfast. Lately, I have called her for comfort. She knows my sister and my mom. She foresees the struggle my sister will have with the cancer and prays for strength. We had a good talk and I left encouraged and hopeful.

I have to remain strong for them.

We talked about taking our beloved husbands to spend a weekend at the beach. A short trip of friendship, contemplation, and renewal. I think I would like that. Yes, I am truly blessed to have such a dear friend. As we parted, we hugged and I thanked her for coming to see me.





No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones