Sunday, August 5, 2007

An Excellent Sacrifice . . .

Today at church the sermon was on the kind of sacrifice God wants from us: He wants an excellent sacrifice -- it is giving the BEST that you can whether it be at work, at home with your family, your spouse, and with your extended family and friends because it is the right thing to do and has nothing to do with your own personal objectives. It is about giving all your BEST to God. The most excellent sacrifice touches the heart of God for generations.

I come away from church with a feeling of "Wow, that was amazing!" My son laughs and says "Mom, you say that every Sunday," and he's right, I do.

After church, we stopped by my mother-in-law's home It was good to see her again. She looks good. My nephew, who lives with her, was there. My nephew- how can I explain him?
I love him, my heart hurts for him because I feel he needs so much guidance and he reaches out for it and I can only do so much. He has protective "parent" who I need to be careful about so I'm careful of the answers I give him. He is older than my oldest son who has been on his own for a couple of years, yet he acts as if he is younger. Too much was done for him when he was young and was not allowed to grow up -- or should I say was not forced to grow up.

When it was time for my oldest son to go -- make his own way -- I told him, "Son, you know how you have lived at home for a while now -- it's like a bird's nest, well Son, I cut off the branch, and you need to fly. Why Mom? Because it's time. I need to let you grow up. You need to go now. And he went. My nephew has never gone and sadly to say, I don't think he will because he doesn't know how to and maybe he doesn't want to know. He has visited my son and likes the life he lives, likes his independence, but he continues to live with grandma. He needs someone to cut his branch, but I don't think they will. I will continue to love him as I always have and continue to listen to him. God bless him and my mother-in-law.

Good news! Our youngest son passed his driver's permit test! Good job!

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones