Sunday, August 19, 2007

THINK!!!!

This is a picture of beauty and awe. It is also a picture that shows some kind of restlessness in the clouds. When I took this picture last January, I wondered what it meant, if it meant anything. I hadn't seen anything like it and haven't seen since. But I liked it. It was beautiful.

This afternoon, my little sister-in-law came by to give us some news. She called to make sure we were home and said she was on her way--that she needed to talk to us. She asked if our daughter (her goddaughter) had talked to us. "No" was my reply. I immediately called our daughter and told her "C" was coming over. And she said, "I'll come over, too." I asked her, mija, she's not pregnant, is she (half-joking) and she replied, "Mom, I can't tell you!" And I said, "Hay mami, no me digas que alquien esta embarazada!" She said, "Mom, I'm coming over!" My mind raced -- who could it be? This is where the beauty and turbulence of the clouds comes in.

The beauty is that we will have a new little addition to our family -- a baby. The turbulence is that my nephew ( the one who lives with his grandma) is the daddy. Oh dear. . .

He has only known this girl for three months -- she is 2 months pregnant. Think!!!!

I don't know --- she suffers from depression and sometimes I worry that he does, too. And now we need to worry about the baby. Where will they live? With grandma? Who will take care of the baby? Will their relationship survive? Doubt it. THEY BARELY KNOW EACH OTHER!!!!! I feel for my sister-in-law, for grandma, and for my nephew. Lord.

Ok. Time to go on. Whew, that was a doosey. . .

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones