Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Little Bit of Hollywood. . .

Stopped to eat lunch at Sitton's North Hollywood Diner with my mom today. It was a pretty eclectic sort of place with movie star pictures hanging everywhere, stain glass windows covering the front wall, and chef and waiter statues here and there. My mom and I sat at a booth and ordered our lunch. They were so nice because my mom ordered a meal that came with a vegetable soup thick with vegetables and thick broth. I tasted it and it was sooooo good! As I scooted over by my mom to share, the waitress brought me a smaller bowl free of charge. How nice!! By the time we were done with our soups, we were full! We brought most of our main meal home.

I had such a nice time with my mom. We talked and talked about everything, but mostly about her move north with my brother. I hope all goes well with her. It must be hard to move around like she is. She feels obligated, she feels sad, she feels hopeful -- so many mixed feelings. I try to help her to see the positive, but after living with my sister for over 20 years or so, I imagine it will be another difficult change for her.

I wish my sister was still here. Miss you and love you.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones