Monday, December 7, 2009

Time Passes . . .

It's been awhile since I have posted. Not that I didn't have anything to say, but more that I didn't want to say anything. I go through phases in and out of thoughts -- happy - sad.

Today our first rain storm arrived and it was COLD!!! I like the rain especially if I can stay home under a warm soft blanket next to my Honey watching tv. That's ideal :). However we don't live in an ideal world so I take second best -- in my classroom with my little ones. A teacher friend of mine brought her 1st graders in with mine because one of them had thrown up in her classroom. I put a movie on about Arthur and they were so excited. I rarely show a movie -- work! work! work! I tell them :). We let them sit for a half hour to watch the whole movie. It was a nice break from the routine. I love my little ones -- they are so appreciative. I have a very good class this year.

Most of our Christmas shopping is done. We have our own children give us their Christmas lists early in November and we begin our shopping. We've been doing this for years. It began when they were small and they would cut pictures out of Toys-R-Us catalogs and glue them onto a paper. Now it's all computerized with links to the exact item -- uhhh, children -- we still like to see the actual picture with the list. No time for links! Just kidding!! We'll catch up one of these days!

We went to a Candlelight Service of Remembrance for my sister and dad this last Saturday. It was very nice but so, so sad. The words from the Pastor were beautiful, the singing touched my soul, and the pictures of our loved ones were "heartbreaking." I'm glad we went for my mom, but I don't think I can do it again. It hurts too much.

The Christmas season is upon us again. I'm trying... But like the Pastor said, "It's ok to not be ok. I'll take that and understand that it takes time. Lots of time. I miss my sister. . . They say time heals -- I'll be patient.

God bless my wonderful family and friends for being here for me. You are wonderful.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones