Monday, December 14, 2009

Sisters . . .

Currently reading "Three Weeks With My Brother" by Nicholas Sparks. A very nice book. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors. I think I've almost read everything he's written. I have his last two books waiting in line for me. Recently I saw "Nights in Rodanthe" on HBO -- I liked it a lot. His style of writing is very easy to follow and I tend to get caught up with the characters. This book "Three Weeks With My Brother" although written in 2004 was one of his books that I kind of pushed to the side because it didn't hold my interest. But then when my sister passed away I thought I would like to read it. Family - that's what it's all about. It's kept me enthralled from the first page. The love these two brothers have for each other is amazing. It warms my heart. I can't help but remember my sister and remember how dependent I was on her when we were young and even as we got older I depended on her for many things like taking care of my mother. Being there when I needed her.

Right now I am at the part where they are parting. Nicholas Sparks and his little family are moving to North Carolina (where many of his books have their settings at) and he is saying good bye to his brother. They hug each other and tell each other how much they love and will miss each other. You can feel their pain.

And. . . .

My little sister is moving back to Phoenix after this week. I will miss her so much. We went to see them on Sunday, had dinner with them, and drove by the beach. We cried, we hugged, and we told each other how much we loved each other. It's hard to let her go - our reassurance is that she's only 5 hours away. We'll be ok. The heartache of missing our sister is so evident in both of us. I understand her and vice versa. It will take time. Brothers and sisters are special, but for me, sisters are especially special. They are your best friends.

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones