Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone. I've been on Facebook for a little while - such a nice "invention" when it comes to communicating with family and friends. I'm able to write small notes to our nephew in Afghanistan (not sure I spelled it right), to family in Maine, Idaho & throughout CA.

It's been a nice Christmas with our families. My sister is always on my mind and I miss her, but I realize we will be ok. Spend time with my mom this last week decorating my dad's grave - something I never did before, again because it was my sister who would go with my mom. It was nice. I told my mom we should probably do it earlier next year so my dad can have the decorations for a longer period of time. I'll have to make a note of it on my next year's calendar.


My sister is always in our conversations - we miss her so much. We get weepy, but then we continue with life.


Tamales are still cooking downstairs - last batch. They came out so good this year. DELICIOUS!!!!


God bless you all.

2 comments:

Tia Maria said...

Merry Christmas. I was late in decorating my parents and sister's/brother's grave this year. Normally I do it when the sign is posted at the cemetary, usually by the 15th. You need to make sure your decorations are not removed, this happens if you decorate too early. I just love Calvary during the holidays. Families gather for big parties and some even leave tamales and cookies. Don't forget to pick up your decorations before they get thrown away. Christmas will be just around the corner again. Although our daughter and her family couldn't be here this year, we had a great time. Happy New Year! See you on facebook.

Another time of beginnings said...

Hi Maria,
I guess my mom and sister had been decorating for years now. My mom knows the date when people can begin decorating and I think it's around the 15th, too. It was nice to do - special. I don't know why I didn't do it before - no, I do. I knew my sister took care of it. It usually saved me a trip up the hill. Thank you for asking me to be your friend on FB. Yay!!!

For my second "comment person", I'm sorry but your comment didn't translate. It would be nice to know what you said. Hope your holidays are nice. :)

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones