Monday, December 28, 2009

A New Year...


A new year is upon us -- years past I used to begin the new year with the thought of what it may bring us. I would wonder about all my loved ones. What direction would their lives take them, newly married, babies waiting to be born and who would pass away. Last year did I know my sister would pass away? No, I had hoped and prayed so much for a miracle that never came.

Last year was a very sad year. It was long, but short.

I will remember the happy times, too. My youngest son graduated from high school and is going to college. He is in a relationship with a very nice young woman who we adore. My oldest son is producing 3-4 programs for tv. And our daughter has now been accepted to USC to complete her Master's Degree much to her husband's and our delight. And my husband -- Honey, you've always been here for me. . . and I thank you.

2010 -- I will not wonder anymore. I will wait with patience to see how our new year develops. I will be here for my children, my husband, and my family to love them, cherish them, help them, listen to them and pray for them. This is all I can do.

Did I lose my faith this last year? Yes, I think I did, but only for a little while for where would we be without it? Losing a family member, especially a sister is the saddest thing that can happen to anyone. She was my dearest sister and best friend. She used to make me laugh. I miss her hugs, her laughter, I miss her.

I chose the picture up above to symbolize the love I have for my husband and he for me. I have cried with him so many times and he has always been here to comfort and remind me that God loves us so. I held on to my sister's hand so much during this last year and now I will hold on to my husband's hand for the rest of my life ... and continue to adore him with all my heart.

We begin a new year with new prayers for each new morning. But one prayer is constant -- that our Good Lord continue to bless us and care for us each and every day.

I love you sister.

2 comments:

Tia Maria said...

Feliz Ano Nuevo! And may 2010 bring us better memories and much happiness.

Another time of beginnings said...

I hope so.

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones