Thursday, February 5, 2009

Prayers

It's interesting how life continues in normal patterns. It's late, but I needed to revise the Valentine's letter for my parents. The children were excited about another art project, especially for Valentine's Day. I like them to write the other children's names on the envelopes for more practice. Some of the Valentine "mailboxes" they do are so elaborate thanks to mommy and daddy. And it's all good. :-)

After work today, I went to see my sister. She looks better every day and she continues to get stronger, but the chemo leaves her so nauseas. I want her to eat a little more, but she can't.

She tells me to go home and spend time with my son. I ask her if she would like me to stay the night, but she says, "Oh no, you need to go home." My heart is sad as I walk down the hallway. What else can I do for her?

I'm so tired. Please pray for her.

1 comment:

Tia Maria said...

Hey, stay the night. You'll feel so much better. I know that I did each time that I stayed. Even if you don't do anything to help her out, just being with her is worth it.

I was cleaning out my closet yesterday and came across some pictures from the past. I have a small spare bedroom that I'm trying to make my own for inspiration.

Joe and his brothers stopped in Idaho to visit Nino. They were fishing and his brother Danny had caught several small fishes. In the picture was also a young but handsome Nino and Eddie (Christina's son). The area looked so lush and green. Very peaceful, just as you describe in in your blog.

There was also a picture of Maritza and you. So young, yet so caring. You could see it in your eyes. This is how your sister is looking at you now. So caring, yet so loving. Although she is telling you to be with your son, she is really telling you to be with her.

So stay the night. You will feel better.

Love,

TM

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones