Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Nephew

Camarones al mojo de ajo -- this is what I hope to learn to create in time for a family dinner in October for my nephews and nieces.

My nephew is about 39 years old. He is near and dear to our hearts.
I met him when he was 4 years old. He was very attached to his uncle, my husband. We used to take care of him for weeks on end. We would take him to the beach, shopping, and my husband would take him to his college classes where he sat quietly coloring or drawing to entertain himself. I loved that boy. He was precious to me. At one point I thought he would live with us forever. As he grew up, he would often babysit for me and became very close to our daughter. Those two are a pair when they get together! You would think that they are brother and sister.


He has grown up to be a kind hearted young man. And it warms my heart when he is in town and calls to ask if I can make him dinner. This time I got an e-mail asking me way ahead of time. He is coming for his high school reunion. I just think that it is so cool that he remembers us.

So I will make camarones al mojo de ajo, carne con chile, arroz, frijoles, y una ensalada.

Wish me luck that I can learn and that it will taste DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones