Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sadness for Japan . . .

Stressful, fear, worried, risk of radiation exposure, limited communication, financial meltdown, uncertainty, evacuate, difficulties, panic, survival efforts, empty store shelves, mudslides, ghost towns, no gas, no available resources, devestation, scary ~ all the words I heard in less than 10 minutes regarding the earthquake in Japan. So sad.

After going to the gym this morning, I decided to go to the 99 cent store and pick up supplies for an earthquake kit I'm putting together for our son and ourselves. Bought bandaids, gauze, alcohol pads, etc. Good prices. I then stopped at the grocery store to do my weekly shopping and bought a lot of water. I don't know, but all these earthquakes have got me a little jittery. Living close to Los Angeles does not quiet my fears. I know that if we get a "big" earthquake, we will definitely feel it and possible receive some major damage.

I look at the lines of people trying to get water and food and I think about the fact that this is Japan and they were suppose to always be ready ~ like us. Earthquakes are unpredictable - worse a tsunami, nevertheless, we need to be ready to the best of our ability.

I need to get a crank-up radio and "stay calm."

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones