Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Tortillas!!!!!

Well, my long association with the freshly made, warm delicious tortilla has ended much to my dismay. My age has caught up with my health or my health with my age and I must rethink how I will scoop up that last little bit of tasty morsel on my plate. Damn it!!!!!

For the rest of my life, I will be forced to eat the corn tortillas set aside for the weekend menudo or taquitos or tacos. Now these will become my norm instead of the the flour tortillas that I had come to love as a staple. For the most part, I'll need to stay away from white flour items or anything with the same. I have developed a food allergy that will probably stay with me from here on out.

When I read of the things that I cannot not eat because they are not good for me, I am amazed at how much I used to eat. This might prove to be a positive thing. I can eat salads with lots of broccoli, spinach, celery, cucumbers, boiled eggs; I can eat fish, meat, & chicken; I can eat yogurt with fresh fruit; I can still have coffee (yay!); I can eat fruit! It's all good. I'll be on a healthy "diet."

But I'll still miss my tortillas!!!

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones