Friday, August 27, 2010

Yellow? No!!!

I had a little (big?) predicament about the color of the paint in our kitchen renovation. At first I thought a pretty "Tuscany" yellow would be cool, but then when it was up on the wall -- I didn't like it much. I felt like it was yelling at me!!! It made me feel sad and irritable. But my family seemed to like it.

After much contemplation and a chat for advice from a close friend about my age, I decided to change it. Whew!!! My friend told me that her mama always said, "Tenemos que cocinar con carino. -- We need to cook with love." That was my answer -- the answer I had been looking for to finally convince me to change the screaming yellow color. I came home and told my husband " Honey, I need to change the color because "Tenemos que cocinar con carino." After some laughter on his part, we drove straight to Home Depot and I chose a delicious "Cappucino" color. Now when I walk into my kitchen, I sigh with contentment and I feel peaceful.

Dear family, the yellow was pretty, but dad and I decided that it belonged in a young couple's kitchen (daughter?) -- we are more sedate and relaxed. :) Love you all for your input! I'll have to get a cappuccino machine to make you all a hot yummy cup!! Woo-Hoo!!!

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones