Monday, August 16, 2010

We Go On . . .

I've been here before ~

Missing my sister ~ I don't think that will ever stop.

My mom will be moving up north during the Labor Day weekend ~ already I feel sad about not have her nearby, at the same time feeling happy for her because she will be surrounded by family. I feel sad for her, also, because it was never suppose to be like this. She had a big house with many beautiful and memorable things and now she has boxes with labels. She's given away so very much. She feels sad, I feel sad. She asked me what I wanted from her belongings when my sister was still alive. I asked for a pink flower bracelet and earrings she had worn many times when she was young. My dad had given these to her. I told her she did not need to give them to me now, but that I would really like them someday. She gave them to me.

One of my younger brothers who is diabetic, developed gangrene in his toe ~ it looks like it is healing. Medicine has come so far since my dad had the same situation many years back. My dad was not able to survive it. My brother needs to take better care of himself. This is a wake-up call ~ for him, for us.

After school, teachers stand outside their classrooms to keep an eye on their students, remind other students not to run and overall, be noticeable. A little girl on a bike was riding on the blacktop. I informed mom that she could only walk her bike at the same time I heard her tell a sibling, "She just got out of chemo." I realize rules are rules, but I could have turned the other way and not said anything. Where do we draw the line?

I then walked one of my students up to the office because no one had come for her. I asked who would be coming, mom or dad? She said not dad because "Mom doesn't love him anymore." And she began to get weepy. I hugged her.

My little student who doesn't behave, missed all recesses today. I told him I would no longer raise my voice to him, but that if he broke the rules of the classroom he would need to write his name on the board and if misbehavior continued he would have to put a check-mark by his name. Didn't help, he persisted on misbehaving.

There was a spider in our bathroom tonight. I HATE spiders!!!!! My husband came to the rescue :).

I'm exhausted.

On the upside ... tomorrow is my little sister's birthday. Happy Birthday, little sister. I love you. :)

1 comment:

Another time of beginnings said...

Thank you for reading my blog :).

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones