Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Busy Weekend!

We had a very full weekend ~ busy, busy, busy. After attending a meeting for the whole day on Friday (too much), I returned to my work site to see how my little ones behaved for the sub. I read her note saying that all had behaved except for my little one who doesn't behave for me either. Ok, not a surprise. Came home about 5:00. My husband suggested that we go have dinner at a new restaurant in the neighboring town being opened by our very own caterer-we were so excited for them. Upon arriving we realized that they were not opened yet. She gave us a tour of the restaurant and it's going to be beautiful. Can't wait. We wished them well and promised to come back when they are ready. We then went to have dinner at "McDonald's" of all places, but I sure do like their $ menu double-double. It was just right!

After dinner we drove to a place downtown called "Courtstreet" to listen to a well known Latino band called "Latin Society." I love this band - it's so old-school Mexican music. Lots of "cumbias." We danced and enjoyed the music until closing time.

On Saturday, we went shopping for things necessary -- I don't like to shop and really needed to make sure we had everything for the week. I want to be able to come straight home and relax - don't want to deal with parking, and other people who are just getting off from work - we are all too tired. We then attended a baby shower for the daughter of a dear friend. We had dinner, visited for a little while, gave our congratulations and thank you's and then gave up our seats for others to sit and went on our way -- back to Courtstreet to listen to another band.

Then today, I helped my husband clean out the garage - at least my side. :) He built a pantry in the garage and we organized a lot! I found things that I'd forgotten that I had bought - an electric fry pan was a surprise! I'm so excited for my new kitchen! It will be great when it is done.

I finally was able to grade school work and organized that aspect of my life. Now it's time to call it a weekend. Hmmmm....

The only thing I missed was not being able to see my good friend, Maria, at the shower. We missed each other probably by minutes. Another time...

No comments:

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones