Friday, February 12, 2010

Honey . . .

Happy Valentine's Day to my dear, wonderful and loving husband. After 34 plus years together, we still love each other very much.

Let me tell you about him. But first let me start at the beginning. I grew up in Idaho on a farm for all my life. Very sheltered with strict parents who occassionally let us go to dances with the condition that my sister and I stayed together and our "compadre's" sons came along to watch over us. The town I grew up in was at the time with a population of 480 (can you believe it??) Coming to California for college was the ultimate dream - I loved it! This was a city with so many people. I met my husband in the fall of 1972 at college. I don't remember meeting him, but my little sister produced a letter I had sent to her stating that I had met him - I even wrote his name in the letter. My husband remembers :). I'm sure he made an impression on me if I wrote his name in the letter, right? My husband was very city - he knew so much and I loved listening to him talk. I still do :). Our dates consisted of trying out a new restaurant ever so often, going to the movies (some of those movies were way out there!), spending time with dear friends, taking day trips to the beach, and dancing - we loved to dance (something we still love to do).

My honey...

he reads a lot, likes to watch old movies on t.v., rides a Harley, drives an old Chevy truck, owns an old 54 Chevy car plus a 55 Chevy wagon, makes great music CDs for me, likes taking me on long rides when I'm feeling a little blue or even when I'm happy :), loves listening to music, loves to play the drums and his saxophone, likes a good conversation over a glass of wine, loves spending time with his children, loves his brother and sisters ~ his family, his friends, best of all ~ he loves me.

We have raised three children together. We are blessed. I love my life with my husband.

Thank you, honey ~ you are my Valentine today and always. I love you. God bless you...always.

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones