Thursday, November 12, 2009

A very nice birthday . . .

Today was my birthday . . . I woke up this morning and thought of my sister and how she always called me first thing in the morning to wish me a happy birthday. And . . . she always took me to lunch at Denny's. If we couldn't make Denny's she would bring lunch to me at my work. She always remembered my birthday. I felt sad, and as I got up my husband said, "Happy Birthday, making coffee?" Yes. Went downstairs and on the table was a beautiful box with a note next to it. It was from my husband. He had written a lovely happy birthday note and in the box was a gift set of Chanel No. 5. I was so excited. I have wanted this perfume for so long. Absolutely love it! Ran back upstairs, he pretended to be asleep, but was listening for me the whole time. I gave him a big hug & kiss. So sweet!!!

Received a lot of happy birthday calls from family and friends. Later on my son and his sweet little girlfriend made a chocolate cake for me. It was delicious!!!! They also gave me Nicholas Sparks' new book "The Last Song," and the card they gave me was so endearing. I am so blessed.

And because of my son being sick with the swine flu our older two children said they would wait until the weekend just in case -- precautions :).

My birthday has come and gone. It has been nice.

2 comments:

Tia Maria said...

Hi Gloria, Happy belated Birthday. Hope you had a good one. I'm in Wichita, visiting with Amanda & her family for an early Thanksgiving. My daughter Lita and Granddaughter Jeanette are with me. Hope to talk to you soon. Maria

Another time of beginnings said...

Awwww.... thank you. Hope you had a good time. I'm sure you did :). Talk to you soon.

Music of the Heart


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones